Friday, April 06, 2007

Un-benz-lievable!

So I'm two days in...still working on unpacking my things, already teaching the K-2nd grade bible class next Wednesday night...and I have a car! Technically, my dad and I have a car together. I don't want to get too excited until the car is actually in our driveway, with keys in hand...but it seems like a pretty solid deal.

We were having difficulty finding any decent cars to check out when dad calls from his office and says that a member of the church has a car that he has been trying to sell for a while. While the asking price is higher than we were originally looking at...the guy agreed to allow me to make payments to him for a year on it. I laughed when I found out what the car was. Not quite what I had imagined for myself. It still hasn't exactly sunk in that I'll be driving it next week, either. The thing is...I haven't actually gotten to see the car yet. So why all the excitement, you may ask? Well...coming from ground zero (financially speaking) after a year in the Netherlands...I had a mental picture of my "ride" for the next year or so. Thought I would add a picture to better explain my former expectations (no..this isn't the car we're buying!!).

But in order to get this other car, my dad had to make a down payment (50% of the asking price)...to which I will then take over monthly payments for a year (totally the other 50%). At the end of the year....as my dad explained to me...the party who decides to keep the car (me or him) will pay the other person the other 50% for the car. So I guess that means we will share joint-custody for a year! :) We should have the car by Monday...as the owner is getting all new tires put on, and an oil-change done this week.

So by Monday...if all goes well...instead of the impressionable car shown up above, I should be driving something similar to this! A 4-door '98 Black Mercedes-Benz...automatic transmission...sunroof...all leather interior....brand new tires...98,000 miles...great gas mileage...fantastic body shape....AM/FM stereo...CD player...power lock/seats/windows....just about everything I didn't imagine having! You can now see why my dad is just as interested in it as I am. :) I will make sure to post pictures of it next week...more than likely with me next to it and keys in hand! Can you believe it? Now it's time to find a job to pay for it!!! Ha!
...and the fun begins!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Benz????!! That is pimp and very you in some odd twisted way! haha. how are the states treating you? wanna see pics of my new house??? http://www.cbmikejonescompany.com/listingview.php?listingID=1016

its bigger than it lists and nicer than the pics show for some reason they arent that good...Anyway, its on a private lake and it has an orchard and grape vines and roses and a green house and 3 barns and 3 levels w/ lots of rooms and a deck that looks over the lake ... and my uncle is letting me rent it out while he buys it and basically...its mine. :) yuo should come rent a room when ur done payin for ur Benz. :)haha. hit me back. love ya

T

Little Dutch Girl said...

Woowh that's an awesome car!!!!!

Hope you find a job soon;)

Love you,,