Monday, April 16, 2007

I don't wanna grow up!

This past week has brought exciting news and some fun times!
On Wednesday, I got a call from one of my high school friends, letting me know that she was going to be transferred for her work to my city! Exciting! I haven't seen her in at least 5 years...and she asked if I wanted to live with her. Now before you jump to assumptions...living with my parents has been going surprisingly well! But there is just this side of me that desires to be truly independent and be able to take care of everything on my own. Is it realistic? No. Is it smart? Probably not. Is that going to keep me from doing it? Not a chance! :) So she (Rachel is the one on the right...in Times Square, too!) is going to be coming down this week, and we're going to look at an apartment together. We've already got one picked out...as shown to the right...is ready for immediate move-in...and is in a great location! She will be transferring here on May 1...so things are moving fast! I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to live with her until August (due to my outstanding financial status!)...but we're just going to have to see what happens. Either way...May or August...she's leaving the spot open for me!

Anyway....aside from that fun surprise...I turned 24! Today, in fact...for those of you that were kind enough to remember. :) Friday, one of the girls from church that I have only known a week picked me up, took me out to lunch, and took me shopping for my birthday! It was fantastic! I barely know this girl, and she was determined to make my birthday a joyous one. And she did good! :) Then yesterday at church, they all sang to me, and today was more of a family day. Dad grilled HUMONGOUS steaks...which we had with baked potatoes, salad, and carrot cake (do they have that in Holland?). It was amazing. And I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow....lol...but right now I feel pretty good.

I got an email from one of my students, asking me to put more pictures from America up on my blog. Lol...funny thing is...I don't even think about it! But he's right...I should! So I'm going to attempt to be more mindful of taking pictures when I'm out doing something....even if I don't personally think it's that interesting. For starters, though...I was going through Rachel's pictures and found this! The Nederlander Theatre...in New York! Anybody else know about it?? Not me! She saw the musical "Rent" there...and loved it. So I'm assuming it's a pretty good place. :) If you look closely...or click on the picture to make it better...you can actually see the words. I thought it was cool! Guess it's about time I take a trip to New York!!
And a quick update on the job status and car....
It seems I will definitely begin teaching in the fall...now I'm just looking for that filler-in job until then. The nanny job is still a possibility...but I'm continuing to look around for something else. Getting the car has been delayed...which has delayed my job search possibilities. As soon as I get those keys...I'm gonna be applying like crazy! Right now I'm just online everyday, looking for possibilities...and talking to as many people as I can! I just have to continue looking...and be patient!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel horrible :S I am a terrible friend, cause I did not sing to you, nor did I sent you a card or anything...I'm so sorry!!! Glad you had a great birthday though!!!
I'll make it up next year. I do however have a nice present for you!
And I am going to save money to come and visit you sometime this year (maybe around newyears..)

LOVE YOU!!!

X