Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's raining blessings!

I'm telling you...Helen Street Church of Christ members are pieces of gold. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that my father is the preacher...but God has blessed my life so abundantly through these people....and I don't even know most of their names!!!

In the past WEEK alone....someone has helped me find out that I can begin teaching in a public school this next school year (YAY!!)....someone literally handed me the keys to one of their cars for me to use until my Mercedes is ready (and I didn't even know their name!)....3 other families have asked me to house-sit for them....at LEAST 3 people have handed me information on available job opportunities....another family has asked me to tutor their 7 year old son....an elder's wife has asked me to contact a non-Christian to encourage them to come to church....another elder's wife brought me a Starbuck's coffee on Sunday morning....and ANOTHER church member has recruited 2 of his employees at work (as well as himself) to help me and my roommate move into our new apartment on Thursday. U-N-BELIEVABLE! I did nothing to deserve all this trust...all this love. I am dumb-founded. Literally. What an amazing group of servants. They have not ceased to impress me since I've gotten here!

With that said...I think I've applied to at least 20 jobs! Anywhere from an Administrative Assistant to Barnes and Noble and everything in-between. It became complicated when I realized that I will be quitting whatever job I get in 3 months to become a teacher! Not every employer wants to hear that. :( I am actually hoping to get on at Red Robin. It may sound silly...but I've always wanted to be a waitress...and they sure can make a lot of money! I went in today for an interview...was asked to come back on Friday for an hour of "trial"...and will find out by Saturday if I'm hired or not. The people there are fabulous...it's a 3-minute drive from my new apartment...and is something I'll actually enjoy doing! I also have an interview tomorrow at noon for another nanny position. It's something I would also enjoy doing...but the hours are awkward...and it would be much more difficult for me to quit in 3 months. But I'm keeping my options open. I know God will put me where he needs me!

On another note....my friend, and new roommate, Rachel is totally awesome! Not only does she have a rather wide collection of movies (I LOVE movies!)...but she created this surprisingly accurate 3-D floor plan of our new apartment on the SIMM's game! How cool is that?? And yes...we got the apartment shown in my former post. An 1188 sq. ft....2 bedroom, 2 bath...full kitchen...patio....all brand new appliances (including washer and dryer!)....tennis courts...swimming pool....24-hour access gym....gated community....what else could you need?? We were so impressed with the place....and the staff! Higher priced apartment, for sure....but if I get on at Red Robin...finances shouldn't be a problem at all! The layout on the right is exactly how our apartment is set up....although the carpet isn't green!! You can click on the pic to see it better for yourself! You are all invited, any time you want....just come on over! I will take more pictures on Thursday, to give you a better idea! I'm so excited!!

Okay...I think that's it for now. Hopefully, the next time I write...will be with a new apartment and new job!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

4 comments:

Little Dutch Girl said...

This sounds like crazy!!!

I hope it'll all work out!!!
and I will come check out your appartment for sure =D!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that everyone is treating you so well. Hope you get the job as a waitress!!!

I'll come and see the appartment in my Christmas break :)

Love ya!! XXX

MSS said...

Hi,
I'm from North Augusta and I'm a friend of Paul J. I'm heading to the Netherlands in September for 9 months and I saw that you just returned from there. I would love to know more about your experiences there and any wisdom you might be able to share with me from your work.

Anonymous said...

What did Charity have - boy or girl? How is the family doing in Germany? You left us hanging in November with the news... ~mj