Thursday, October 30, 2008

Plans for the Future

A lot of people have been asking me what our plans are for the upcoming year, and after we get married. Well...let me tell you!

Last weekend, we started house-hunting. Chris plans on going back to school to get his master's degree either in January or August in mechanical engineering. Right now, his job is based out of Raleigh, so he has to commute over an hour to work. So we are looking to move to the Triangle area, to make things more convenient for Chris with his schooling, as well as his work. Good for me...away from Fayetteville, near a big city, but still close enough to family if I need to make a trip home. I will quit my current job 2 weeks before the wedding, and worry about finding another one after we settle down in our house.

If we happen to find a house now, Chris is able to move in at the end of December, if necessary. That will give us 5-6 months to get the house ready for me to move in after the wedding. Yay! I'm so excited! I still want to do some traveling before settling down, so I really don't know how long we'll be located in the Raleigh area. Chris says he is able to transfer his job overseas, after getting his master's degree...which I would LOVE. But we're buying a house with the intention of being there long-term, so we won't have to move again if unexpected circumstances come our way. We'll just wait and see.

Any advice on buying a house? We're going "shopping" again on Saturday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am absolutely thrilled for you and chris! ~magalie

Little Dutch Girl said...

Heey Girl!! This is so exciting!!