Sunday, May 06, 2007

Traitor

I must confess something. In only a matter of 3 weeks, I have turned against my newly adapted Dutch ways, and chosen to follow a sacred American eating ritual. The temptation of working at Red Robin became too much for me to bear! Serving basket after basket of french fries....with a side of ranch...filled my tastebuds with curiousity! I thought I'd never turn from the wonderful Dutch way of eating fries with mayonnaise. But having been reminded of the rich goodness of fries with American ranch dressing...there's no turning back.

In updates...Friday night's ladies' devotional went really well! I got a lot of comments about my lesson...and we had great discussion and fabulous fellowship together! I really enjoyed myself! I was nervous, at first...because I realized that I was, in fact, the youngest, and only single woman there...and I wasn't 100% comfortable "teaching" woman who knew more about the subject than I did! But their attitude, comments, and non-verbal support made me feel comfortable within the first 2 minutes of my "talk". I couldn't have asked for a better turn-out!

So I get my certification as a waitress at Red Robin on Monday night! This week of traning has been INSANE!! I had no idea what went into becoming a waitress. I hope you all appreciate your waitresses when you go out to eat. They work hard! But I'm excited...I think I'm going to really enjoy this job! Not to mention...I've been able to meet a lot of people through work. So now my social network is growing. :) And you all know how much I love meeting people! AND...haha...my favorite part of working there are the birthdays! When a customer comes in, and has a birthday...we make them a free birthday sundae, and sing them a song! I absolutely LOVE singing (also known as embarassing!) to the customers! It's so fun to see their reactions! :)

I get my Benz tomorrow or Tuesday...finally! Pictures WILL be posted as soon as that transaction is complete! Got my hair cut and highlighted...which it was needing desperately! I think it helps me look a BIT more mature, anyway! LOL ...I say that, only because I had 3 people at church tell me I looked 19. A compliment? I'm not sure! But I'm attempting to at least look old/mature enough to get hired as a teacher in the fall! This picture was taken the day I got it cut...but actually...you can't really tell at all from the picture! But when I blow-dry it straight, and I'm not standing in the sunlight like that....it looks completely different. :) Take my word for it!


Tonight is small group...and I've gotta get the house in order before everyone shows up! Update more later!

4 comments:

Little Dutch Girl said...

Now I feel like you've betrayed me,, Not putting mayo on your fries anymore.. rediculous!

Can't wait to see pictures of the benz..

and that picture of you is just cute!!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

maybe that's because mayonnaise is GROSS? Could that be it? I think so :)

Paulo J said...

i've actually never had neither mayo nor ranch on my fries. i'm kind of a purist, actually. just a little salt. in other news, few people know my 'real' age, though they set me around 35. not too young to not have a clue, but not too old so as i'm a member of AARP.

Anonymous said...

Mayo = jummie, but I also like fries with blue cheese dressing...but the dutch don't have that :(
Glad to hear you like your new job!
Where are the the pictures of your car?! :P

And I agree with Nadine...you do look cute in the picture!!
XXX