Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Answered Prayers!

Hahha....alright....so who was it? SOMEONE must have prayed for me after reading my last post...because I definitely haven't had time to be lonely since then! :)

I wrote that post last Wednesday, I believe...only to go to church and be given two dinner invitations for the following two nights. Unfortunately, I had to turn them down because I was working the next 5 nights! Work has been going really well, though! I'm truly enjoying the customers, and have met some awesome people! Monday night, after work, I went out with a co-worker just to hang out. And then last night...one of my other co-workers asked me over for dinner. After dinner, we went out for the most amazing (and expensive!) ice cream ever (Cold Stone Creamery....the "cookie mintster"....AMAZING!)! To top the week off...I got to talk on the phone with Willemijn for over an hour yesterday! What a fantastic week it's been! Yesterday, I also got a call from a lady at church (whom I met once), who wants me to take care of her 3 kids for 5 days while her and her husband are in China. I'm sure after a few "parent/child" arguments, a couple baseball games, and bedtime stories...I'll be wanting my alone time again. :D So the loneliness part is getting much better....slowly, but surely!

I still crave European moments...and still haven't found anyone I can really talk to about my overseas adventures...but God seems to be working everything else out...I might as well let Him work on that one, too. :)

My brother is coming home next week (with his girlfriend)...and I haven't seen him since Christmas! Then...to add to the family excitement...my sister will be coming with my darling nephew Eric in a few weeks! Around the first of June, I believe! He's a chunky thing...only 5 months old...but so precious! I love him more than I ever thought possible! My sister and brother-in-law took him swimming for the first time last week, and he loved it! I can't wait to see him again!! It seems everyone around me is having babies, too! My college freshman roommate had a baby girl a little over a week ago....my co-hall director at OC is having a girl in about a month...and some friends from high school are coming up on their second child! I'm still working on getting my baby fat off....I can't imagine wanting to add it on at this point! :)

Okay...just wanted you all to know that I'm doing better. Thanks for all your comments, thoughts, and prayers! Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that's not the first time you've had Cold Stone Creamery (or Marble Slab) ice cream before!!! AH! You've been so deprived!!!! I'm so glad there's one there. Wish we had tons saved up - there's so much we want to do!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I haven't read your blog in a while so I had some catching up to do. It sounds like God is working on your life with you! You have been blessed, my friend, and He is in charge!

Give Brenda a hug for me when you see her!

Hang in there,
Judy