Monday, September 15, 2008

A Weekend Away!

Ever since I have met Chris, I have worked two jobs. Time together consisted of weeknights at my parents' house, or a maximum of 4 hours on Saturday afternoons to do something together. We've only taken one "vacation" together...and that was to his parents' house in Tennessee (AKA NOT a vacation :) ). So now that I no longer work on the weekends, we can have some fun! This past weekend, my new roommate, Shawna, had to take a class in Greensboro to renew her nails' license...so we made a weekend of it! The three of us piled in the car on Saturday, and headed to Charlotte for a full day at Carowinds Theme Park. I LOVE rollercoasters! As you can see on the right...I was pretty excited...smilin' the whole way! To the left is Chris and myself standing outside Carowinds, ready to go in!


Throughout the day, I rode everything I thought my ghetto booty could get out of! On the right, Chris and I had just ridden "White Water Falls"....fun! It was a GORGEOUS day..perfect weather...and not too busy, either! Towards the end of the day, we walked by a characature stand....which I LOVE...I just think they're great...and it seemed as though there was a guy training. The actual artists were busy with people, so Chris and I went over and started talking to Blake about his work! He told us he was in the 2nd day of training, and was a senior in high school. He then said that because he was training, he could do a complimentary drawing of me. So I said "sure"! Meanwhile, one of the other artists got done, and came over to check out his drawing. She asked if we had wanted a real one done...and after asking about the prices, I decided to have one done of me and Chris. She asked if we wanted a scenery...and after thinking about it, said "Can you draw him proposing to me? I want to know what that looks like.". Then I gave Chris a cute, innocent smile....he agreed...and here's the product! Quite good, don't you think? I even think I'll take the wedding dress she designed into consideration! :)

After Carowinds, we drove to Greensboro to stay the night. Shawna had
her class from 9-5pm on Sunday, so Chris and I found a local church and attended it. I made Chris take several pictures with me, because it's rare I get him in a dress
shirt and tie. :) After church, we picked Shawna up for lunch and ate at Fuddrucker's, dropped her back off, and headed to Lake Mackintosh to rent a canoe for a couple hours. It was a fantastic and relaxing weekend. We definitely needed the time away from Fayetteville, and I'm glad my schedule is now more open to weekends like this!

1 comment:

Kara Scharrer said...

Amber- I love your pictures! They are so good!! I also love Fudruckers. YUUUUUM!!!

How come you aren't living with your parents anymore?

I'm glad that you had a great weekend! Everything seemed to be just perfect. You'll have to frame some of those pictures from the weekend!