Monday, November 19, 2007

Road trip!


Just in case curiosity was getting the best of you...I thought I would post a picture or two of Chris and me. He will be leaving on Wednesday to go home to Tennessee for a month until he starts his new job here in Fayetteville. And actually...I probably won't see him for about two months, because I'll be gone when he gets back. Which....is what the rest of my blog will be about!


I don't think I've stopped thinking about the upcoming time with Willemijn/road trip/Kristina's wedding/potentially seeing EVERYONE I love and miss back in Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri! I'm down to 5 weeks before Willemijn gets here. And I just found out that my freshman roommate, Kara, will be at the wedding! I'm so excited! So...with my excitement out in the open....here's my plan thus far...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=34.813803,-90.263672&spn=15.952883,29.619141&z=5&om=1&msid=111610438810755447929.00043f4b3a5e80f6bfc20
Willemijn and I will leave from Fayetteville and drive to Atlanta, GA on our first day. Our short-term goal is to spend New Year's Eve in New Orleans, and Atlanta seemed to be the "coolest" mid-way point to stop at on the way. From Atlanta, we'll drive to New Orleans and spend two nights there, ringing in the new year! After leaving New Orleans, we'll head to Dallas, and will spend 2 nights there (hopefully with some friends!). Willemijn will fly out of Dallas on January 4, and then I will head to Wichita Falls for Kristina's wedding! After the wedding, I'll drive to OKC to pick up all the belongings I left behind when I moved to Eindhoven, and spend a few days catching up with friends there. When I leave OKC, I'll more than likely head to Missouri to visit my long-lost friend, Teresa, for a night. The rest of the trip home is a bit shady, possibly including a visit to my brother and/or grandparents before getting back to Fayetteville. I'm extremely excited...and it'll be a LOT of driving...but I'm trying to chop it up a bit so it's not so bad! Am I crazy or what?

6 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Yay for the shout out to ME on your blog!!! I'm excited to see you too. Which reminds me, I need to get my plane ticket!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

OMG, I was sooo behind. So, wow on the news of a bf AND the surgery. I'm glad he's doing well! You're keeping quite busy between jobs and the new guy. Where in TN will he be coming to/leaving from soon?

Little Dutch Girl said...

I'm sorry I won't be in lubbock during this time... Guess you'll just have to make another road trip! I'm in oklahoma city right now to spend thanksgiving with Derrick and Miranda!

I love you!!

Progress Is Everything said...

Amber, enjoyed talking with you while waiting for my son at RDU tonight . . . an ESTP - ENTP conversation! I trust you went to the Angus Barn Restaurant and had a good time.

Great looking blog - - found it through the miracle of Google (I'm in sales & Google most folks I meet). Hope you have a fun and safe trip. If you decide to go into restaurant management, please remember our environmental product technology: http://www.big-dipper.com .
Regards,
Bill Batten

Little Dutch Girl said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!

I love you!!

Kara Scharrer said...

I'm tagging you!
The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. or Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.