Thursday, November 08, 2007

Chugging along

It didn't hit me until last night that there are only 2 weeks until Thanksgiving. And after that...Christmas is right around the corner! And then Willemijn comes! Hallelujah!

Well...both jobs are treating me fairly well. I can't say I'm getting used to the alarm going off at 6:30 every morning...but I CAN say that I haven't been late yet. And that's an achievement even I didn't think I could master! My boss and I get along great, and the other professors in the department seem to like having me around. Just an hour ago, Dr. Walker (who couldn't stand the secretary before me) brought me some homemade cookies, making sure I understand that "no cookies have ever been brought to this office before!". So things are going well! I like the job a lot! And Red Robin continues to keep me busy at night. I just look forward to the day when I don't have to rely on tips to get me through the month!

Chris is doing great, as well. He gets out of the army tomorrow and couldn't be more excited. He was planning on going to school in Tennessee to work on his master's degree in January, but the doctor told him he probably shouldn't consider going back to school until next fall. So Chris has accepted a job here in Fayetteville, until he can go back to school. He'll be leaving in two weeks to go stay with his parents for a month in Tennessee, then will be back to start work at the beginning of January. It sure will be weird not having him around for a month! But I'm sure *hope* I'll stay busy enough not to think about it too much!

2 comments:

Little Dutch Girl said...

Thank you for updating!! I love reading about your life!! I'm sorry Chris is gonna be gone for a month, but indeed Willemijn is coming! I'm sorry I'm not going to be here for Christmas this year..I'm going home to surprise Destiny..

I love you!!

Anonymous said...

You have never been late to work????!!!!!!!

I am amazed!
Judy

Happy Holidays