Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Working Girl

Since I sit at a computer all day long now....I see no reason not to make more frequent updates!

The past 3 days of my new job have been...well...quite fun! I get to the office at 8am...which is approximately 1-2 hours before my boss gets in...and a good 15-30 minutes before the other secretaries arrive (from what I have observed). I usually take an hour lunch break...but on days that I have to work at Red Robin, I work through lunch, so I can get off in enough time to change clothes and head to my second job! I'm actually really happy to have my body on a regular sleeping/eating schedule again. Before...I just kind of slept and ate around my crazy waitressing shifts. But now I have more of a routine...it's nice!

Chris (the guy I'm dating) is doing surprisingly well. I picked him up from the hospital on Sunday night...went grocery shopping for him...and pretty much "made" him stay with a friend from church for a few nights. No way I was going to let him stay at his house alone!! Haha...I know I'm driving him crazy. If I see the slightest bit of pain in his expression, I quickly ask him what's wrong and what I need to do to make things more comfortable for him. He was given strict instructions from the doctor not to be around loud noises, stressful situations...needs to take his meds EXACTLY on time, and can't eat or drink anything cold. So despite his ability to get around quite well...I refuse to let him drive (I kind of took possession of his truck!)...won't let him stay by himself...and monitor the temperature of every drink he drinks! He even heated up orange juice in the microwave last night. Ewwwwwwwww!

1 comment:

Little Dutch Girl said...

he can't be anything around anything loud you say?? Amber have you gotten quiet over the past couple of months??

I'm glad though he is doing a bit better and you're taking good care of him!!

I love you!!