Friday, July 06, 2007

Good Memories!

It's 4am, and I just got off the phone with Willemijn for the second time today. I felt inspired to write down some of my best/funniest memories from the past year in Eindhoven with some of my closest friends today.

*walking in the pouring rain with Willemijn one night...determined to get our pre-scheduled exercise in!
*requiring Willemijn's assistance in getting my beyonce jeans on for the first time ever!! :)
*teaching the "Hippopotamus" song at a girls' youth weekend, and falling down from laughing so hard at their enthusiastic participation
*teaching the church a song (251!) one Wednesday night, and regretting it every time they sang it after that (haha...Bozena knows what I'm talking about!)
*taking a 3 hour walk with Nadine in the mountains of Gemunden, capturing a picture at every turn in the road!
*Nita incorporating the hand signals from the "Mexican train" game into "Get Right Church"
*Paul stating one Sunday morning that he was going to pray in Dutch...then proceeding to pray in English
*stopping a random guy at a restaurant to tell him that he had beautiful eyes...embarassing Willemijn in the process
*constantly asking Willemijn/Nadine/Sheritha "Do you smell that...someone smells good!!?"
*spending hours thinking of/preparing my first vegetarian dinner for Willemijn...then retardly offering her chicken soup to start off the meal!
*receiving a phone call almost daily from Sheritha, asking me if I was watching a certain channel on the TV...and telling me which one I should turn to
*attempting to get to Willemijn's house for the first time, and taking the wrong bus, which put me out of the way for more than an hour
*Nadine attempting to help me out by saying "x-rated" when Hayo tried to kiss me one night!
*trying to decide between "cute-guy" Chinese place and "cheap" Chinese place on Wednesdays with Willemijn
*meeting Arnol...the guy in the wheelchair in the center...for the first time!

Okay....I think that's enough for now. These things just make me smile when I think about the past year. There are SOOOOOO many more.....it's unbelievable. Especially more with Bozena (who I hope is reading this, as well!) and random people (guy in the center who thought Willemijn and Nadine were Americans, while I was Dutch!). :)

If there's anything that is NOT on this list...that makes you smile when you think about it...let me know!

4 comments:

Little Dutch Girl said...

You always make me smile!!

I love reading it;)

I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading it too! This was exactly what I need today! Thnx!

LOVE YOU!!!


XXX

Anonymous said...

Being "here" makes me smile. You know who this is! :) :) I know while being "here" doesn't make you smile, me saying that it makes me smile, will make you laugh and roll your eyes. I'm done now.

Anonymous said...

So who's mr or mrs anonymous, Amber??