Thursday, July 26, 2007

God's Plan vs. Mine

My mother mentioned to me a week or so ago....that I tend to plan out my life to a fault. Where I expect certain things to happen in a certain way, without leaving too much room for God's plan for my life. And she's right. Time and time again...I have automatically assumed that certain things would go a certain way...and then been highly discouraged when they don't work out! You'd think I would learn!!

All this to say...I missed passing my teacher certification test by 3 points. While I had been planning on beginning my first year of teaching next month...I was suddenly faced with the reality that that wouldn't be happening. And I hadn't even considered making a "Plan B". I was so embarassed and discouraged by the results...I avoided making this post till now! :) However...I might FINALLY be learning! :) God has a way of making things work out for the best...even when I don't see it! In the past week alone...3 events/opportunities have come up that I would not have been able to participate in if I had signed a teaching contract! I feel so blessed by that! I have decided to substitute teach...and continue waitressing this next year...while seeing what else God has in store for me. I am totally open to any new adventure he throws my way. If teaching wasn't in the plan for me this year (and yes...I will retake the test again in January, so I still have the option of teaching in the future)...then there must be something better!

Anyway...aside from that...life has been pretty uneventful and work-related! I DID get a new haircut today. This Fayetteville summer heat is just killing me! So I decided to go a bit shorter...but I kind of like it! It's new...and fun. And I'm all about change. So here's a photo for your viewing pleasure. :)
That's it for now. Oh yeah...except I wanted to tell all of my Oklahoma/Texas friends that I'll be making a visit in January. So make sure you're in town!

5 comments:

Little Dutch Girl said...

Texas???? as in Lubbock????

Like the hair;)
(and the outfit;))

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Love your hair like that!!!

I feel bad for you, for not passing the test..but everything will turn out fine, it always does!!

Love you!!

Luk and Holly said...

Hey there, nice hair, great blogs, just wanted to check in and tell you I met elder cook yesterday. A lady I have a weekly Bible Study with invited the guys in on our study. He heard "church of Christ" and asked if i knew you. It is a small world. Looks like we might be meeting again next week. Any messages for him?

Anonymous said...

heey,

I think it's time to blog! It's been almost a month since your last blog!

Love you!

XXX

Anonymous said...

OK - I do admit that you hair short is cute but I am partial to your long hair. Sad news on your test results BUT great news on your openness to God and what he is doing in your life.

Always praying and thinking of you,
Magalie