Friday, October 20, 2006

Flip-Flop Strike!

Sit down, take a deep breath, and continue reading.

I am no longer wearing flip-flops. This may come as a shock to those of you who have spent the past 2-3 years living or working with me. Flip-flops were my life. Black, brown, redc, pink, blue...one for every occasion. Going to the gym, going to a banquet...it didn't matter! Flip-flops were the universal shoe. Quick, convenient, and for the most part...comfortable.

But within the past month or so, they've been wearing a little thin. And for some crazy, unknown reason...the Europeans just don't find flip-flops fashionable! Crazy, I know! People here look at feet like it's a political statement. And from the questions I have gotten....I'm guessing my flip-flops say "I voted for Bush"!

So friends, family...let if be known the my flip-flops are goners. I have fallen in love. With boots, that is! One of my overly generous friends in Holland invested in a pair of boots she saw me eyeing one day while out in the center. I was shocked...thrilled...and scared! How was I ever going to manage to walk in a CLOSED shoe with heels? My knees are scarred enough as it is! But now my feet are happier...not to mention warmer....than ever before!

And I haven't fallen once!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I don't know how we'll survive with out flip flops. I'm a ff queen too and I am having a hard time adjusting to actual shoes now that its fall. Although, it won't take long before I fall in love with my boots again!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I don't understand...you don't wear any other shoes for years and now that they are a little worn out you're just going to give up on them! Sure they may brad you as an American or even cause you to stumble more times than we can count, but how DARE YOU turn on an old friend!! Ok, just kidding! We're glad to see them go! We miss you!!
Brian & Lindsay

Anonymous said...

oh good grief...

but you see, boots aren't the universal shoe. so what will you do then?!

Anonymous said...

oh, and amber.smith@oc.student.edu or amber.smith@oc.edu... or what?

lemme know ASAP!

Anonymous said...

so...where's a pic of you in your new boots? Flip flops are horrible.....I can't believe you actually ENJOYED wearing them. Don't you know the air eats your feet.......????

YOu-know-who!

Anonymous said...

well, flip flops are awesom in summer, but in winter my feet would be to cold here in Belgium/Holland. So it's good you can enjoy your boots now.

Anonymous said...

philosophise bugs generals upgraded delineates true bookings detya drupal communities dissipation
lolikneri havaqatsu